Reporting to the Retail Store Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for answering multiple phone lines, appropriately routing these calls as well as addressing inquiries and providing general information regarding activities conducted at our establishment (Company, its products and services) to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, forward or make external calls, providing information, taking messages which will then be routed to the intended recipients, or scheduling appointments
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Receive visitors and record required details in the Visitor log book
- Resolve customer complaints or involves the appropriate manager/supervisor to ensure customer gratification
- Keeps abreast of sales and merchandising promotions and policies related to payments, returns/exchanges, security etc.
- Ensure that the front desk area and the sales floor area are maintained in an attractive manner
Qualification & Requirements
- A minimum of three (3) CSEC/CXC subjects including English Language or a Certificate in Business Administration or its equivalent is desired
- Formal training in switchboard operations with over two (2) years’ experience in the same/similar capacity
- Be mature, well-groomed with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, confident, highly motivated and customer service oriented with a clear and pleasing voice
- Highly confidential, able to interact and communicate comfortably with all levels of the organization
- Computer knowledge particularly Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Good at problem solving and multitasking
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, responsive, flexible and co-operative
If interested, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to growing with you. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.